eBay This is a fun little ride/restore coupe with character. Vehicle had a good inspection until 6/18, I registered car as antique.
1980 Triumph Spitfire with 2002 BMW 2.0 Engine/ 4 speed transmission swap. Based on records, this transplant was performed in the mid 90's, and then a total body/frame restoration in the mid 2000's. Vehicle ownership has changed 3 times since then.
-As this is an older vehicle, it shows signs of wear to the finish:
- Regarding the body there is very little rust.
- No structural frame rust,
- no through rust on the sheet metal.
- Glass is original and shows some scratches, nicks, etc.
- Floor Pans look perfect
- Undercoating was sprayed on the pans, frame, etc
- Transmission tunnel was custom made and installed
- Custom motor mounts for 2002 motor
- Custom Tranny mounts for 2002 transmission
- Custom driveshaft
- Hardtop (removable in good shape but needs repaint (no rust)
- starts idles, runs.
- Upper exhaust manifold studs are leaking a little oil. This is an not uncommon occurrence on old BMW 2002 heads due to their design. I have a new set of studs,Gaskets and all of the expensive pieces required to put a nice exhaust system together.
- Electronic ignition
- Rebuilt Weber DCOE 42's with full documentation of the jet/needle/valve profiles
- Oil is weeping a little at the oil pan gasket
- Carbs have been sync'd, but will need a tune to optimize AFR
- Electrical System is in tact, but could use new power cabling from Batt to engine devices, grond straps, etc.
- Coolant System is a functioning hybrid of the 2002 m10 H20 Pump , Porsche 924 radiator, plmbed into the triumph heat exchanger for climate controls
- Gauges - Triumph Tachometer, functional. BMW/VDO Speedometer Functional but not calibrated. Fuel gauge not hooked up. Engine Temp, Functional, Oil Pressure functional, Volts Functional
- Seats look like old alpha romeos? good shape, heavy vinyl, stil supple no tears
- carpet could use replacing but fully functional
- Rear brakes are DRUM BMW 2002 units.
- Rear wheels are oem BMW 2002 13 with brand new tires
- Front Brakes are discs from a Triumph GT6 that were redrilled to accept BMW 2002 rims, aso brand new tires
- rear suspension has been modified to work with BMW rear drivetrain/axles.
- Historical records/receipts of car from mid 90's when project was first built. Its a folder with like 60 pages
- 3 Manuals. BMW 2002 manual, 2 Triumph Manuals
- Near new Exhaust Header made by 02 Again
- New Exhaust down pipe, studs, gaskets
- Motor Mounts
- convertible top and parts
- extra wiring harness
- Spare complete E12 Cylinder Head
- BMW 2002 Single carb intake manifold
- Spare complete BMW 2002 transmission
Thought I was going to have more time for this car, but alas. I have been driving it on local trips on the week ends, and tinkering when I have had time. This car has all of the major work associated with swapping a drivetrain from a different manfacturer and integrating it into an existing vehicle. This is usually the hurdle that keeps projects from turning into roadworthy machines. As a driver, this car is well past that phase and needs someone to bring it all together.
I've listed many photos and have you tube videos posted below.
|Make:||Triumph||Number of Cylinders:||4|
|Engine:||BMW M10 2.0 Liter||Body Type:||Convertible|
|Drive Type:||RWD||Vehicle Title:||Clear|
|For Sale By:||Private Seller||Exterior Color:||Dark Blue|