eBay BRITISH SPORTS CAR - 1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 COUPE/CONVERTIBLE
I purchased this car 4 years ago, with intentions of fixing up. But life has a way of preventing things from happening. I am the 4th owner of the car, I do know the history of previous 2 owners as they were good family friends, 1st owner supposedly lived in Arizona. I live in rural North Dakota which only leaves summer months, 3 to be exact, to drive the car and I dislike driving the car on dirt roads as it sits 5” off the ground. So, I’ve made the difficult decision to sell rather than becoming just another barn or field find that someone could’ve enjoyed.
This car is completely ORIGINAL and everything WORKS.
By all means this car is NOT in PERFECT condition, nor do I claim that it is. It has it’s tweaks and twerks that need to be worked out given it’s 38 years of being driven rarely then parked life.
FOR SALE I HAVE:
1980 Triumph Spitfire 1500 Coupe/Convertible
Manufactured by BL CARS LTD, London England April 1980
- 1493cc (91 cu in) Overhead valve 4-cylinder in-line, water cooled 1500 engine, which runs.
- Manual, 4 speed with Overdrive (OD) transmission.
- 48,225 original low miles. 160 miles put on in last 4 years
- Car is hardly driven and has been parked only taken out to clear things out and clean
- Brown with red, white and blue pin stripping
- Convertible top, hardtop, and seat cover protector all included
- Body straight
- NO noticeable rust, what looks like rust in the pictures are small chips in the paint or where the paint has oxidized from sun exposure
- Paint is oxidized due to sun exposure which makes it look faded, with TLC and wax it does shine again.
- Pin Stripping in some spots is fading off color
- Rock chips have caused paint to chip off and resemble that of rust spots. Hence, why I don’t like driving it on dirt roads. Car sits 4.4” – 5.0” (112-127mm) off the ground.
- Rubber hood mount in engine compartment is missing on one side therefore hood looks unaligned in the pictures but it just needs the rubber stopper that goes on the hood mount inside engine compartment.
- Rubber bumper covers (US only) are faded due to sun exposure
- Signals and Lights all work
- Soft top has a tear along the seam which could easily be fixed. The soft top frame is aged but still works, snaps to snap soft top to body are all intact
- Hardtop is in overall good but could use a paint job, it has road rash on the roof as it musta flew off. There is one tear in the headliner. But original glass is intact and in good condition
- Battery is good
- 1 new tire, others in good condition
- Spare tire and equipment are in the trunk
- Tan, red and black
- Seats are good
- Carpet is in good condition
- Dash is wood with black padding which is cracked due to sun exposure
- Visors original covering is brittle and falling off
- Door panels are intact but small tears in a few spots
- AM/FM Cassette player, works
- 12v cigarette liter, works
- Heater, it worked last time it was taken out
- reading light, works
Owners Workshop Manual and 6 parts magazines included.
Located in Killdeer, North Dakota. Shipping/Delivery fees are responsibility of the buyer. Please call/text 701-590-1931 for more information, pictures needed, and any other information.
|“Pre-owned, good overall condition for age.” |
| Year: || 1980 || VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): || TFVDW6AT006470 |
| Mileage: || 48,225 || Transmission: || Manual |
| Make: || Triumph || Body Type: || Convertible |
| Model: || Spitfire || Vehicle Title: || Clear |
| Engine: || 1493cc (91 cu in) || Options: || Cassette Player, Convertible |
| Fuel Type: || Gasoline || Exterior Color: || Brown |
| For Sale By: || Private Seller || Interior Color: || Tan |
| Drive Side: || Left-hand drive || Number of Cylinders: || 4 |