Up for sale is my 1969 442 convertible in trophy blue. White top, blue interior. I’ve owned the car for ~10 years, it’s now time to let a new owner enjoy it. The good:
1) 11969 442 convertible! Wind in your hair! (wear a hat if it is sunny)
2) Correct “34467” VIN, 1 of ~4,295 built.
3) Clear Ohio title in my name.
4) Original 400ci motor and TH400 automatic transmission.
5) Partial build sheet survives. This is a rare option unit, with the original owner choosing a 442 with an auto trans, power disc brakes, power windows (which all work!), and a front bench seat (must have liked cuddling).
6) Extensive documentation/receipts from my ~10 years of ownership and the past ~2 owners. Lots of paperwork/history with this car.
7) Body is straight (all steel), paint is awesome. The guy who painted this for me fell in love with this job. Hood stripes & trunk stripes are painted and under the clearcoat. They are art.
8) Car runs & drives really well. I’ve never hesitated to take it anywhere.
9) Lots of spare parts come with the car, including 3 extra bumpers and another set of wheels/tires. Original “Polyglas” spare was in the trunk when I bought it, I still have it!
The not so good:
1) The interior has not yet been restored. It was always just the right level of “broken in” for me, I never felt the need.
2) The engine bay has not been restored, I preferred to leave it original, as it is quite clean.
3) As you may know, GM did not do a great job designing this particular convertible top. All hydraulics & electrics work properly, and the mechanism is fine, but the articulation tears the canvas in two trouble spots. These tears are present on this car. They have never bothered me, as I have never driven the car with the top up!
4) This is a near 50-year-old car. It is not perfect. Please do not expect to drive this from my house to Pebble Beach.
1) This car is being sold as-is and where-is. Sale is final. No warranty is expressed or implied. As noted above, this is a half a century old car. Please assume that any transportation of the car needed will be arranged by the buyer.
Thanks for looking!
|VIN (Vehicle Identification Number):||344679E126030||Mileage:||96,679|
|Number of Cylinders:||8||Model:||442|
|Body Type:||Convertible||Drive Type:||RWD|
|Warranty:||Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty||Vehicle Title:||Clear|
|Exterior Color:||Blue||For Sale By:||Private Seller|